xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Yommy Kippurthday

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yommy Kippurthday

I'm not very religious. I know, this comes as a huge surprise to you. I am Jewish, however. Yes, you can be a non-religious Jew. Don't ask me how, you just do it. (It's a Heb thing, you wouldn't understand). Anyway, it's Yom Kippur today (I have conveniently provided you with a link so that I wouldn't have to explain anything) and I decided to blog about. Because that's what a good Jew does. However, I'm not sure what you're supposed to say to other Jews to acknowledge this day. Happy Yom Kippur? Merry Yom Kippur?

I asked on Twitter and my friend Bec (you can also find her at Snagglebox) suggested Yommy Kippurthday, and I thought it was a winner. Second place, however, goes to Dave (who you can also find at The Last You'll See of Me) who suggested "Good luck with the whole Judgment-thing!"

I like that one, though. That's a good one. That's actually something I'm likely to say.

Anyway, this being the Day of Atonement, and me being a Jew... no, I'm not actually atoning... I'm certainly not fasting... I had Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni for dinner.... I see a lot of things on Facebook from my "good Jew" friends.

Things like this, for example:
I'm not much of a fan of things like this in general; I particularly hate inspirational messages that aren't sarcastic, written in some flowery font and pasted on top of a photo of the beach at sunset. GOD I fucking hate those things.

So, I thought I'd make my own. This one's more accurate. For me, anyway. But you're free to borrow it if you want