xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Bubble wrap: The scourge of the planet

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bubble wrap: The scourge of the planet

We got a lot of packages delivered over the holidays, and with packages comes bubble wrap. Big bubbles, little bubbles, green bubbles, clear bubbles... there's a variety. My kids love this shit. Everybody loves this shit. I used to love this shit, that is until my house was full of giant sheets of bubble wrap that scare the SHIT out of me.

They like to lay them out on the floor and then stomp on them

I'll be sitting on the couch and suddenly POP! POP! POP! POP!

They'll be in bed at night, pretending to go to sleep, and suddenly POP! POP! POP! POP!

I'll be at my desk, on my chair with wheels, and I'll move backwards and suddenly POP! POP! POP! POP!


After I drew this I showed it to Child 2 and then pointed to the sheet of bubble wrap and said "does it look like that?"
and he said "Not even close."

I'm walking through the dark house to get some water and suddenly POP! POP! POP! POP!

Sometimes they like to sneak up behind me and suddenly POP! POP! POP! POP! I really hate that one.



I FUCKING HATE BUBBLE WRAP NOW!! It used to be such a fun thing to play with but now I'm like a soldier with PTSD, any time I hear any slight popping sound I dive under my desk to save my life.

Can we just go back to the days when bubble wrap was used to protect fragile things from getting broken? Because I don't think my psyche can take much more of this.