xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: I... am not smart

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I... am not smart

It's raining today. Raining pretty hard, actually. This morning I was at work, waiting for my client, who was late. She owns an art studio for kids, it's really cool, actually. Anyway, she was late, and I decided to dash out to grab some coffee while I waited; the coffee place is right across the street from her studio.

As I was headed out the door, I saw her pulling up, so I went into "hurry up" mode. I ran across the street, got my coffee, and then went back to cross the street again. But there were cars coming from both directions and I was impatient to get back. I stood there for about half a minute, yelling at cars inside my head, and getting totally soaked and annoyed.

It wasn't until I opened up her studio door and went inside that I realized why I had gotten so wet while waiting for cars to pass: I was holding my soaking wet umbrella under my arm.

But at least I remembered my coffee. And, in the end, that's what's important.