xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: I may not survive summer break

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I may not survive summer break


Today was Day 2 of summer break. Child 2 has various camps that he is attending with various friends and I decided to give Child 1 a lot of time off. I'm hardly working right now and I thought I'd let him have a few weeks of nothing to do, since he loves nothing to do.

He's thrilled. Today we went to breakfast and then spent hours watching BART. Then he went to the park with my mother in law; this is like a dream come true for him. No school! No math! No need to even wear underpants!

EXCEPT. He's in this very inquisitive stage right now (which is good; I constantly remind myself. Remember when he never asked a single question ever? This is better. Remember that. This is better. This is better. This is better. This is better. This is better.)

Here is a sample of our various conversations today:

Me: Getting up to leave the room   I'm going downstairs

Child 1: MAMA! Where are you going?????

Me: I'm going downstairs.

Child 1: Where are you going?

Me: Downstairs

Child 1: Where are you going?

Me: Downstairs!

Child 1: Why are you going downstairs?

Me: I need to move the laundry around.

Child 1: What do you need to do?

Me: I need to move the laundry around.

Child 1: What do you need to move around?

Me: The laundry.

Child 1: And where is the laundry?

Me: In the laundry room.

Child 1: Which room?

Me: The laundry room.

Child 1: And where is the laundry room?

Me: Downstairs.

Child 1: Where is it?

Me: Shoots self in head


I've got 3 more weeks of this until his camp starts.