xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Why I love Lady Gaga (despite the egg-mobile)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why I love Lady Gaga (despite the egg-mobile)

It's not because of her music, although it's super fun to sing in Rock Band, it's really not my style, as you may have gathered.

It's not because of her kooky hijinx, even though I have a lot of fun making fun of her, for the most part I think it's stupid and unnecessarily over the top.


No, it's because of what she said in an acceptance speech the other night. She got an award for something or other, and in her speech she said "I wanted to thank Whitney (Houston) because when I wrote 'Born This Way,' I imagined she was singing it because I wasn't secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar."

How cool is that? She is arguably the most famous woman in the world right now, and (like it or not) a role model to millions, and to get up in front of the world and admit her insecurities like that... well... that's just really, really classy, in my opinion. It almost makes me wish I was raising girls (yeah, well, let's not go nuts).

And, so, that's why I love Lady Gaga.