xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Pointing out some absurdities (NSFW)

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pointing out some absurdities (NSFW)

So, the post I wrote the other day about Jenny McCarthy? I know, right??? You guys have been awesome in your support and your encouragement, thank you!! If you know me at all, or have read, um... anything I've written..... you should know that I have no problem with respectful disagreement and discussion. In fact, I welcome it! Please, feel free to disagree with me about an opinion of mine, just as long as 1. you do it with respect and you 2. don't pussy out behind "Anonymous," because that will just piss me off.

Anyway, there have been a few things said about the post that didn't make it into the comments section here, one because they were in an email and the other because somebody pussied out behind "Anonymous" and pissed me off so I deleted it. (That's actually the first time I've ever deleted a comment here. Intentionally, anyway.)

See, if you had read what I wrote, you would have noticed that my issue with Jenny McCarthy isn't her anti-vaccine crusade and it isn't with her Playboy modeling, it's with her judgmentally superior attitude about how she's "the best" autism parent, and anybody who chose a different path is inferior. That's what I take issue with, and I've said it again and again, but I'll say it once more: my point is that we're all just parents doing the best we can. Just because my experience is different than yours doesn't mean mine is better; it's just different. And that's the piece that Jenny got wrong, in my opinion, and is the piece that I wrote about.

Well it turns out that Jenny's fans tend to be just as morally superior in their support of her. I KNOW, RIGHT???? I did not see that coming. And so, I just wanted to take a moment to point out some delicious ironies that came to me in either email or deleted comments.

One person said that because of my "vulgar terms," I lacked class and people would have trouble taking me seriously.

The other person said I was "selfish and sexist" for mentioning Jenny's body parts.

So... just to sum up....

Using "vulgar terms" to talk about this person means that I lack class:




and mentioning the "body parts" of this person makes me selfish and sexist:








Got it? Excellent. I'm glad we're all clear on that :)