xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Blog of the month: Autism Underground

Monday, October 1, 2012

Blog of the month: Autism Underground



This month's featured blog (in my sidebar) is a brand new blog produced by a group of anonymous autism parents called Autism Underground. It is described as "Raw, uncensored, heartfelt stories from the trenches. We are autism parents. We love our children. We're keeping it real."

Okay, well, first of all, I think it's pretty obvious that I am one of those "anonymous" parents, and I chose to be the only person who uses their real name so that I can pimp out the blog and the posts to my tens of followers. Plus I don't really care what anybody thinks of the truth that I tell on the internet. There are others involved, I am not the brains behind the operation, I'm just the only one using my "real" name. But don't ask me who the other people are, 'cause nuh-uh.

It's like one big Dive Bar, but its own blog, and it's only about autism parenting. This means that the posts aren't always going to be fun to read; if you're one of those "kumbaya everything is wonderful all the time" kind of autism parents, you're not going to like it. It will make you feel uncomfortable, but that's actually the point. The other parents posting on this blog are unable to speak their truth on their own blogs, for fear of retaliation or ostracization or whatever else the internet or the real world might bring them. This blog has been created for truth telling purposes, and the truth isn't always pleasant. But it's still the truth.

What you're going to read here is real, honest, brutal, heartwrenching stories from parents in the trenches. Nobody is going to hold back, this is the real deal.

I highly recommend it.

You can also find us on Facebook here and on Twitter here. Full disclosure: I administer both of those pages. I also get the emails which are sent to AutismUnderground@gmail.com