xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Out of the mouths of babes III

Friday, June 18, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes III

I'm picking up the kids this afternoon, Child 1 and I are at Child 2's school and we're ready to go. Child 1 has been playing in the dirt so I asked him to go wash his hands before we leave. His response: "Mama, you just tell me what to do and I'll do it." He's so awesome, isn't he? I was really impressed and proud so I stopped a random teacher who just happened to be standing there and I told her what he said. She thought I was talking about Child 2, though, and since she works there, she knows better, and she didn't believe me. She said "HE said that???" pointing to Child 2. I said, "oh, no. His brother said that!" She said "that makes more sense" at which point Child 2 pipes up with "Mama, you just tell me what to do and I'll do the opposite."

That sounds about right.