xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: The funniest thing I've seen all week AND more about how dumb I am because you guys like that kind of thing

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The funniest thing I've seen all week AND more about how dumb I am because you guys like that kind of thing

First things first:

GERMAN KITTY WATERMELON!!!


DIES IST MEINE WASSERMELONE!  LASSEN SIE MEINEN ALLEIN WASSERMELONE!

Apparently there was a study about Triclosan, the active ingredient in things that are anti-bacterial, which said something like it gets into your muscles and makes those muscles not work anymore. I don't know, I'm hazy on the specifics. So, hubs sent me to the store to get new soap that would replace everything in our house that is anti-bacterial. (Hey, wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of... oh I don't know... regulation? Which made it so the products we purchase were safe to use and wouldn't cause our muscles to totally degenerate until we're dead and we wouldn't have to throw out everything we had already purchased and go buy brand new stuff? Wouldn't that be awesome? [Oh my god, she used the word "regulation" !!! BUUUUUUURN HER!!!])

So, I'm at Target (of course) and I'm browsing their soap products, and I pick up one and start to read the ingredients to see if there's any triclosan in it. Now... I have really bad eyes; my vision is just complete shit, so I'm standing there in the aisle, squinting my ass off, and I shit you not, I spent at least FIVE MINUTES reading all the ingredients in this product, looking for triclosan. See those small capital lettered words there right above the bar code and after the word "ingredients"? Those are the ones I read. Squinting. In the aisle. Took me five minutes to get through them.....


I looked much like this, I would assume:



The good news is that I found out later there's no triclosan in this particular product.