xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: You know what pisses me off?

Monday, January 14, 2013

You know what pisses me off?

If you have any kind of ailment, or issue, or problem of any sort... the answer to it is always that you need to get more sleep.

Have a cold? Get some sleep. Stressed? Try to get some sleep. Painful carpal tunnel syndrome? Some rest might help. Bells Palsy? Are you getting enough sleep at night?

WTF is Bells Palsy, anyway? Do I have it?

I was watching this show last night and the main character is Bipolar. Her father reminds her that the best thing she can do for herself, to get better, is to get enough sleep. And she agrees, so she goes home to sleep. And I was thinking... Well aren't YOU just so fucking lucky?? A single woman who lives alone with no kids? She should be the healthiest fucking person in the world; she can sleep whenever she wants!!!

See, I don't get to sleep whenever I want, or enough. Last night Child 2 was up until midnight because he's afraid of zombies. He watched something called The Zombie Apocalypse, which I think was on the Discovery Channel (I wasn't home when it happened) and ever since he's been totally freaked out by it. So last night he's bawling and saying "I don't want to be like this anymore; I want to be normal again" and, god, I felt so bad for him. But I can totally relate to what he's going through because when I was about 9 my parents let me watch the Exorcist, and that shit fucked me up for weeks. I'm not sure I was ever normal again after that (explains SOOOO much) but I understood completely what he was feeling. It's a shitty feeling, it really is, but trust me when I tell you that Zombie Apocalypse ain't got nothing on the fucking Exorcist. He's actually rather lucky. I didn't tell him that, though.

Anyway, he was up until midnight, and then his brother came into my bed around 1:30 and stayed for the night, which he does every night, and I can't sleep when he's there, which means I don't sleep any night.

So FUCK YOU, medical establishment and your goddamn "get some sleep" advice. Why can't "take up smoking" ever be your answer to something?? I could totally do that.

I think my Bells Palsy is acting up again, I'd better go lie down.