Then this morning I was "snipped" by Hippest Snippets, a blog which scours the internet for cool quotes that bloggers have said and features them in a daily post. It's a little misleading, though, because they used a quote from here that I didn't actually write, but still.... more validation!!
And THEN I was passed an award from Tina over at Mommy is Teething, a totally awesome and funny mom blogger. How awesome is that?? This blogging thing is still so weird to me, that I write out these crazy thoughts and then other people (who aren't related to me) read it and think it's funny. And now, my first award. I'm very proud of myself, thank you Tina!! Even more validation!! YAY ME!! And all on a day when I should technically be really depressed and bummed because my life is officially half over and it's all downhill from here and then you die.
And, now, I will do my duty as award recipient and follow the rules, which are, as follows:
Rules for winning this award
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
- Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.
7 things about myself:
- I've been to more than 50 Grateful Dead shows.
- In the past 5 years I have slept through the night for no more than 10 nights; none of them consecutively
- I have about 10 email addresses, and I use them all
- I used to be very politically active; I worked on campaigns when I was in college and organized rallies. And now I'm the most politically apathetic person you've probably ever known
- I've been "online" since 1994.
- I'm hungry
- It's taken me about 2 1/2 hours to type this post. I really think it should have been faster than that, but apparently I'm not very smart.
Passing on the award: