xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Some days it's not even worth trying to chew through the restraints

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some days it's not even worth trying to chew through the restraints

I wish I could cite my source for the quote in the post title, but I have no idea who originally said that. It's one of those lines that's older than the internet; maybe sounds like something Emo Phillips would have said.

Anyway.... I am overextended. I've got 15 clients right now and the only time I have to see them is Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:30am and 2:30pm. So you can imagine how hard it has become trying to cram everybody in every month; god forbid somebody should want me more than once a month, which has happened the past 2 months because it's the end of the year and everybody is getting ready to do their taxes.

Then I pick up the kids and get them home and I have these pockets of time where I'm not making dinner or yelling at them to brush their teeth or helping with (doing) homework where I'm supposed to get things done like clean the house or do the laundry or do whatever client work I've taken home because I ran out of time during the day and had to run off to the next place I had to be.

What happens when I get to this place is that I get so overwhelmed by all my responsibilities that my brain just shuts down and I become almost incapable of doing anything at all. So, instead, I spend my brief pockets of time tweeting or wasting the hours on reddit, and then suddenly my pockets are gone and my house is still a fucking mess and still nobody has any clean underwear to wear the next day.

Therefore, I've decided to modify my daily to-do list so that at the end of every day I can say that I've been productive. Look! I crossed off everything on my list! I'm a super woman!!! I CAN DO IT ALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!! And thank you to my straight haired sister, Dawn, for the inspiration. SHE knows why....