xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Adventures with Wii Sports

Friday, July 15, 2011

Adventures with Wii Sports

Child 2 got a Wii for his birthday (he's going to be SIX!!) and we've been having a blast playing it. We have 2 games: Mario Kart and Wii Sports.

I suck at both of them.

Now, there's 2 different ways to suck at something: 1. You're awful but it's a whole lot of fun so you keep doing it, and 2. You're awful and you HATE it. Child 2 and I are both #1 with Mario Kart and we have so much fun playing it. We do a lot of screaming (Hubs says "are you playing a game or having a knife fight?") and we can often be heard hollering at the top of our lungs "ROCKET CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!" I love Rocket Car.

I'm #2 with most of the sports games, although I'm much better at Wii bowling than regular bowling.  He loves them all, though, and insists that I play them again and again, despite my suckery. Some are worse than others, of course.

For example, golf. We've only played it once, because I absolutely refuse to ever play it again. Did you know that when you get to +8 over par they won't even let you play anymore? Even they know you suck at it and so they just make you stop. Probably to save yourself from further embarrassment? Thanks, Wii!

I've made you a poorly drawn picture of how it went down. Enjoy!