xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: An old shoe

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An old shoe


So... the other day I posted this song that I like and I said that I really really liked the first few lines. Those lines are: "I don't have anything to write about anymore, my words have become boring" because, well... that's how I was feeling at the time.

And then my friend Karen, who blogs at Solodialogue wrote in the comments "You could write about an old shoe and it would be funny..."

Oh yeah, Karen? Well.....



I thought I'd get us started with some poetry! First, a limerick:

An old shoe sat by the door
Its grey laces sagged to the floor
It once used to run
and have oh so much fun
now feet in it happens no more.

Okay, that wasn't very funny, but I'm just getting started! Give me a break. How about a haiku?

The old shoe was white
Dr. Scholl tried very hard
Alas, it still smelled

And now, iambic pentameter

The shoe is old it sits upon the floor
He's sad because no one wears him these days
One time he rode upon the feet of kings
But now he smells and no feet will wear him


Hubs just walked by and asked me what I was doing. "I'm writing poetry about an old shoe," I said. I shit you not, he gave me this look:


Did you know that the world's oldest shoe is 5,500 years old, was created from a piece of cow hide and was a size 4? It's true. It was found in a cave by archeologists in Armenia, "with three pots, each containing a child's skull, along with containers of barley, wheat and apricot." Okay, well.... this guy here wrote about an old shoe and was funny. I don't seem to be doing a very good job.

HA HA Karen!! See? You were totally wrong! I can't write about an old shoe and be funny, after all!!! So there! AHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Wait.


Shoe image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net