xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Memeington memesalot

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Memeington memesalot



Yesterday I was tagged in a meme by my buddy Brandon who blogs at Lost in Idaho. I don't usually participate in these things, as you might know, since whenever I participate in these things I always start by saying "I don't usually participate in these things." This time, however, I was struck by the somewhat passive-aggressive nature of the title of the award: Good bloggers pay it forward.

Well, shit! I want to be a good blogger! So, if I don't pay it forward does that make me a bad blogger? What about all those other times when I got an award and just ignored it? Does that mean I'm actually a bad blogger? I don't want to be a bad blogger! I guess I'm going to have to pay it forward, then. Dammit. Okay, blog award: you win this round.

(The truth is, really, that I'm actually kind of a shitty blogger when it comes to stuff like this. I'm following at least 500 blogs and I never actually make it to any of them to comment or even read, really. 500 is a lot, you know! That's a lot of fucking work! And my reader fills up so fucking fast, and then it maxes out and I get so overwhelmed by it all that I usually just hit "mark all as read" and move on. It's not that I don't appreciate and love you all, it's just that I, apparently, have gotten in a little over my head here and now I don't know how to fix that. I really appreciate how you all keep coming back and reading and commenting here, despite the fact that I'm apparently an elitist bitch and refuse to reciprocate because I guess I'm just too cool for that or something. Sorry.)

Anyway, the rules are pretty much the same as the rules for every other blog award ever made, including my own, pick 5 bloggers to mention and tell you why I love them. Except, just to prove that I'm still actually a rebel when it comes to blog memes, I'm NOT going to follow the rules! Instead I'm just going to list 5 bloggers that I love and NOT tell you why. HA HA! You see what I did there? I'M DIABOLICAL!


Amy from Not a Real Princess

Kimmie from Gingersnapped

Jenn from Fox in the City

Yvonne from Attracted to Shiny Things

Sherri from post+taste


Go! Read! Comment! Love!!!!! Add an extra comment for me while you're there, too. THANKS!