xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Today is April 3rd

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today is April 3rd

8 years ago today I stood in my brother's hospital room and watched him take his last breath.

I was trying to figure out what I should say about this day, and there are a few options.

I could talk about Melanoma; I'm sure there's a lot I could educate you guys on, but I don't really feel like it, honestly. Plus, I took my kids to a soccer game today and totally forgot sunscreen (try not to do that. There. You've been educated.)

I could write about him, but I've already done that.

I thought about talking about what that day was like, and what it's like to be in the room with somebody you love when they die, but I didn't really feel like re-living it all.

I thought about reminding you all that life is short and you should make sure to tell your loved ones that you love them while you still have a chance, but I think you probably all know that. Plus, it's sort of a theme of mine so you've heard (read) me say (write) it before.

I'm not going to do any of those things, I'm just going to have this post here as it is and I'm  going to say it one more time:

Today is April 3rd.