xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Well, actually... I LOVE standardized tests!!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well, actually... I LOVE standardized tests!!!

Child 1 was better today and went to school. When we got home this afternoon I quizzed him about his day. Here is our conversation:

Me: What did you do in school today?

C1: Good (he always says that! Because he "memorized" the proper answer to "how are you?" and so he always throws this one out first)

Me: No... what did you DO today? (This is always what I say!)

C1: Nothing

Me: Did you hang out with Ms. H?

C1: Yes!

Me: What did you guys do?

C1: We did testing! (he seems very happy about this. In fact, it's pretty unusual that we ever even make it this far in the after school quizzing process)

Me: Testing? Cool! What did you think?

C1: It was fun! (still really excited)

Me: Fun? (seriously??) Why was it fun?

C1: Because I like filling in the bubbles.

Me: Cool. So, are you going to do more testing tomorrow?

C1: YES!!

So, there you have it. He thinks The Test is fun. I didn't even bother asking if he got the answers right, he clearly didn't care about that part. I'm sure his score will, once again, be Really Really Shitty, but he had fun!! So, fuck it. He gets to take it. It's like a treat!