xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: What do you want on your Tombstone?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What do you want on your Tombstone?

Please tell me I'm not terribly dating myself by making that reference. That couldn't have been THAT long ago, right? RIGHT?

So, anyway... this morning, I'm digging through my underwear drawer (what? Doesn't every truly great blog post start with "I'm digging through my underwear drawer" ??) trying to find the stuff in the back because, let's face it, it was slim pickins in there. And I say out loud, to nobody in particular "God, I really need to do laundry."

And hubs, who was in the room at the time, chuckles this evil little snarly laugh thing and says "That will be your epitaph!"

I guess I say that a lot.

And I loudly proclaim "You, sir, are a magnificent bastard and that is a BRILLIANT idea!" Or something. I may have just snorted at him, I don't remember, it was first thing in the morning and I had Ace of Bass stuck in my head (seriously, brain? I mean... Ace of Bass? WTF???)

But then, as these things often go, I thought that might make a funny blog post! And surely I could easily find something online that would create a custom made tombstone for me?

Well, sure enough, not 2 clicks later I had found tombstonebuilder.com and went to work!


Or perhaps...



HEE HEE!!! This is fun! Imma make some more....








And then I asked The Twitter for some suggestions! Oddly, most of what I got was snarky people just fucking with me. Can you imagine? On TWITTER??? I did get a few good ones, though (and a shoutout to my friend CrunchyNavyWife whom I love and adore but, sadly, whose submission did not make the final cut.)

From TheNextMartha:



From Handflapper



From HuntersLyonesse







From my sister from another mister, Dawn



From CMarieGo (this is a reference to the very fascinating discussion we were having on The Twit about the Nursery Rhyme It's Raining, It's Pouring



From PrincessMuffintop (this one actually had a hashtag in it but there wasn't enough room)



Seriously, though, this is the epitaph I've always wanted. Somebody make a note!